Retail Prices Specifications and More On Classic And Modern Dynaco Stereo Equipment

July 19, 2020
#397
Gentle reader,
We are simplifying our lives as we get older. One way we are doing that is by getting rid of collections that no longer interest us. Also books and lots of other things that have just sat there for YEARS are going.
I began my interest in obtaining the best sounding music which I could afford back in 1975 or '76. I have bought literally hundreds of components and speaker pairs over those many years.
For example, these components are all LONG gone. The PAT-5 preamplifier was the first piece of Dynaco gear I ever had. I built it as a kit in 1976.
One thing I have done for the blog was to go through all my articles I have written and created lists of links to those articles, based upon categories. I just entered: Dynaco into the blogger.com starting page of mine and found, including this one, that I have written 100 articles which have that name within them! It surprised me too.
Below are links to the INDEXES for every article about stereos, speakers and more. 
 

 
 
Long ago, I came across a series of books called: ORION BLUE BOOK. They are created for all kinds of business uses. I wanted one specifically about audio equipment, but they are very expensive, even used. 
I lucked out, as someone was selling a lot of six or seven ORION books, one of which was AUDIO from 2002.
I kept it and sold the rest singly for much more than I paid for the box full of books. By the way, I just today listed my AUDIO book on eBay. This link will take you to it:  rfcollectin on eBay
It is literally a glimpse into my audio past.
I thought that I should scan the pages related to Dynaco products since most of what I have in the listening room is 1990's Dynaco equipment.
Then it occurred to me that you too might like to see the scans I made. I cropped out all the price information other than retail since the book is 18 years old and eBay has changed EVERYTHING in the world of buying and selling.

Columns are: Type of component, year(s) made, brand, WPC, model name/number and retail price.

I apologize for the column of dates that run through each photo, that is the way Blogger works. I chose to show them original size so that you can see and use the information.

However, if you click on any photo, it will open in a window OVER this page. And you can see the images. Sadly, they are smaller than they appear here.



Yes, I wrote in the book. I highlighted every component I have owned. On pages where things I bought were not listed, I handwrote the model name/number.
In the case of all the handwritten: ( and ), those are items that were from the Panor-era of Dynaco, and/or were continued to be made by them.
As these ORION BLUE BOOKs cannot possibly contain every piece of equipment from every manufacturer, they also may contain information for units that may not have made it out to the public.

In the past, my writing about the latter-day-Dynaco, I was using this book as a guide, I searched long and hard to find photos of all of those listed. Many, I did not find a single photo.
I DID find things, such as this image of the original specs for the new A-10 speaker cabinets.
You may also recognize this photo. It is all the information the new Dynaco sent to me by mail when I wrote for product brochures. I have mentally kicked myself for not scanning every piece of paper before I put them on eBay. Sigh.
This is a photo of a magazine ad for the 1990's Dynaco tube equipment. 
This is the listening room system. Dynaco ST-200 power amplifier, QD-2 passive surround system and PAT-6 preamplifier-tuner. 

I have been very happy with my 1990's Dynaco. Delighted, in fact. The only drawback to the PAT-6 is that it does not have as many inputs as I need. Thus the SONY switch atop it. But that solves the problem just fine.  

A reader, (thanks, John!) showed me this site which lists LOTS of Dynaco equipment and speakers (some of which I have written about previously) of which I have never seen nor heard of: Dynaco | Gearogs Database  It is 176 items in total. Whew!

So, I hope you have found this information useful. Feel free to share the link to the article with any other Dynaco friends you may have. 

Please take a moment to click FOLLOW which can be found in the photo of the tube equipment. That way you will be notified of future articles. You may also leave a comment below or on Facebook.

Thanks!

Scott
July 19, 2020
#397  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of AIYIMA T2 6K4 Tube Preamplifier Can this Solid Little Asian Beauty Sing?

  March 20, 2024 #477 Gentle reader, This video takes over from the previous one here:  The Robb Collections: UPDATE Inexpensive Chinese-Mad...