XBox 360 Forza 4 100% Completed Chapter Ten

Gentle reader,

I am just banging out these posts! Only two days since my last about my project updating vintage die-cast speakers with better drivers.

It's been a while since chapter 9 of my Forza 4 saga. I've been busy with the simulation. I've bought some more cars, redid the livery on others and in fact, finished for a second time! This time I went back to "World Tour" mode of which "League of Legends" is the final season with 27 races total. The last five are R1, the topmost tier of real race cars. I chose my favorite, my Audi R8 Le Mans racer. I found to my delight that there was one car painted in GULF OIL blue and orange livery. I found a 1/43rd scale die-cast car and then found a completely accurate livery by a skilled Forza painter. So, I drove it to five 1st place finishes. The very last race of Forza 4 is two heats of 12 cars racing the complete Nurburgring. The last time I did it, I didn't come close to winning, this time, well, I'm very experienced.

Now, if you are thinking, "But it's just a video game! How hard could it be?" Check out my setup:
The Robb Collections: Racing simulators XBox 360/Forza 4 and PlayStation 3 (PS3)/GT5  Since then, my son-in-law came home from Okinawa and out of the USMC. He wanted his PS3 back. So, since I have decided by apples/apples comparison, that the Forza franchise is the better of the two, I sold all my PS3 racing sims on ebay and concentrated on the XBox 360.

Would I like an XBox 1? Yeah! I've seen Forza 5 and Forza 6 looks awesome! Night racing, weather! Do I want to spend the money? No.

So, without further raving, here follows the next 15 cars of my garage as it existed when I started writing about it. If you haven't seen my previous chapters, these digital racers were shot inside my virtual garage. Car photos are obvious, next panels show their class (F is slowest, E,D,C,B,A, and S, then three classes of race cars: R3, R2 and R1 being the fastest) and bar graphs showing their performance characteristics.

You may be thinking, "Wait a minute, Mazda 3s are front-wheel-drive!" Yes they are, but in Forza, in many cases, one can convert vehicles to rear, or even all-wheel-drive. Swap engines, drive-train, everything that can be done in real life can be done in Forza and the computer figures in all real-life factors in the car's abilities. Believe me, this is no simple "game".

With every car in my garage, I bought "livery" (paint schemes) unless they are already real racers. In that case, I often change their livery too, so I won't see another racer identical to mine. This is a pretty good replica of Mark Donahue's Trans Am Javelin.

Before he raced a Javelin, he raced this Camaro. 

True fact: The Lamborghini Miura was the first car to feature a transverse V12 engine. Prior to it, all sports cars engines were longitudinal (front-to-back) no matter where in the car the engine sat.

Yes, THAT Shelby, as in Carroll. He worked for Dodge and did some wonderful things with a number of vehicles. As you can see, I converted it from front to all-wheel-drive.

What? No number? Yes, back in the day, numbers were assigned for each race in the Sports and Endurance car racing world. Why, in this room I have photos of Porsche 917s numbered, 8,9,10, and 1,2,3 and 22,23 and 24. Three different tracks in the 1970 season.

This was one of the many factory Rally racers of which they were required to make X-number of street versions to homoligate the racers. I dropped the suspension, all-wheel-drive conversion and look out!



Yes, there are electric race cars and motorcycles. Eerie to drive this, no engine sounds.

Another street version of the rally car. Set up as a circuit racer.

The first European turbo car. Beating Porsche to the punch. Back then, no intercoolers.



Dodge Daytona. NASCAR required them to build 500 street versions. So they did. But not all-wheel-drive! Accurate livery from the 1969 season.

My wife loves RX-8s. I test drove one in my quest to find a car "from this Century" as she put it. Chose my beloved 2005 Volvo V50 T5 with 6-speed manual transmission.

One of  the flaws in repainting or decorating some cars in Forza is the original decorations sometimes cannot be covered. Thus, this Martini livery shows the Carrera stripe!
That's it! The first 150 cars! Less than 100 to go. Thanks for looking!

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of AIYIMA T2 6K4 Tube Preamplifier Can this Solid Little Asian Beauty Sing?

  March 20, 2024 #477 Gentle reader, This video takes over from the previous one here:  The Robb Collections: UPDATE Inexpensive Chinese-Mad...