Got the ol' ten speed ready for Spring.

Gentle reader,

Yes, this is the third blog today! I'm playing catch-up. Like many people, some time ago, we bought "mountain" bikes. Ours were aluminum framed with full suspension and disc brakes. All the latest stuff. Bought new at................Toys-R-Us! 

Nancy came across an old ten speed bike, what are now called "road bikes" at Salvation Army and bought it. So, she gave her mountain bike to our former son-in-law.

Some time later, I too found a road bike at the same store. This one is a circa-1980's Univega, Metroprix model. Designed in Italy and made in Japan. Fully 20 POUNDS lighter than the mountain bike! So, I gave mine to my daughter along with the kid trailer.

Since then, to my delight, I found the "head badge", correct 1980's vintage for it for $8.00! I glued it on with RTV silicone glue. I also removed the gold handlebar tape which had been applied over the stock black tape. I applied, Italian-made cork/rubber alloy grey (or is it gray?) tape which is cushioned.  See the picks below. BTW, it is a 12-speed. I knew that, but "ten speed" puts the image in one's mind of the curved handlebar/ thin tired bikes of our youth.
Note that it came with fenders. They weigh only a few ounces and no worries of riding through puddles!


Working for the Washington, D.C. Metro, I was destined to own a:
Note, no front sprocket guard. Thus, I have to clip my pants leg to avoid getting it caught in the chain.

Yep, that's six sprockets. Now, to get off my butt and go ride it!

Thanks for looking!

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of AIYIMA T2 6K4 Tube Preamplifier Can this Solid Little Asian Beauty Sing?

  March 20, 2024 #477 Gentle reader, This video takes over from the previous one here:  The Robb Collections: UPDATE Inexpensive Chinese-Mad...