Baby's got new shoes!

Gentle Reader,

Hello. It's been a while since I've made a posting to the blog. Things have been happening, naturally.

Since buying the '91 Capri XR2, I've wanted to replace the nasty original alloy wheels with something nicer.

I've restarted on the simplification of my live, visa ve, my possessions. So, I went through the cameras and picked out the few that I really wanted to keep and started selling the rest on eBay.

They've been selling well, so the first expense was the new wheels and tires. I got them via Tirerack.com.

The wheels are 15x6.5" verses the stock 14x5.5". They are Sport Tuning T6:
http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/BigPic.jsp?wheelMake=Sport+Tuning&wheelModel=T6&wheelFinish=Machined+w%2FBlack+Accent
The tires are General Exclaim UHP (Ultra High Performance):
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigPic.jsp?sidewall=Blackwall&tireMake=General&tireModel=Exclaim+UHP
They are the same tires I put on the Audi TT quattro. Only smaller to fit this car.
I've been a Tirerack.com customer for years. Saves a lot of money.
The tires arrived the NEXT day after ordering, ready to bolt on. GREAT!
If you look at the photos of the original wheels:
http://therobbcollections.blogspot.com/2010/10/tt-is-gone-and-austrailian-ford-takes.html
you'll have to agree how much better, newer even the car looks. The old tires were about worn out too. The increase in grip and handling is terrific!

That's it for now. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Super Rare December, 1975 24 Page Full Color Dynaco Dynakit Products Catalog!

  September 17, 2026 #552 Gentle reader, For those that are new to this blog: Welcome! I write about Nancy's and my passions, and no, no...