Minor Changes

Gentle readers,

I made a minor change to the stereo.

I'd bought a used (twenty years old it turns out) Denon DCD-560 CD player. It was listed with a problem (cup-holder won't open) for $9.99.

It arrived and I found the CD door would unlatch, but not motor open. Yet, I could pull it open. Took it apart, a little oil here and there and it mostly worked. The good thing was that it played. Then.

A couple of days went by and I tried it again. Nothing. No lights, nothing. Eventually it started working again, but wouldn't play any more. Then nothing again.

OK, learned my lesson. Don't buy broken things unless I'm certain I can fix them.

Still, it had some very nice feet on it. So, I salvaged them and completely disassembled it, recycling everything.

I thought, these feet would look right nice under my Adcom pre-amp. I was right. While I had it pulled out from the wall, I marked all the RCA cables and dusted everything.

The feet did fit perfectly and do look good:


If you recall what the stereo looked like in the living room, you may note some differences. I sold the Chinese Indeed hybrid tube headphone amp and moved the watt-meter down between the power amp and SACD player. Neater appearance over all.


Thanks for looking!

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of AIYIMA T2 6K4 Tube Preamplifier Can this Solid Little Asian Beauty Sing?

  March 20, 2024 #477 Gentle reader, This video takes over from the previous one here:  The Robb Collections: UPDATE Inexpensive Chinese-Mad...