Found some photos of my early stereos

Gentle reader,

Yes, I JUST published another post a few minutes ago, but I've been having fun looking at pictures today. So, I wanted to post these.

The picture at the top of the page is later in time than this one below:
This image shows one of the Dynaco A-25 speakers I'd had since 1976. The stereo above has the Dynaco PAT-5 pre-amp that I built from a kit in 1976. It's on the left-bottom. On top is the matching FM-5 tuner. Above that is a turntable, but heck if I can remember which make/model. To the right is two cassette decks on top of a large Japanese integrated amp that I was using as a power amp.
Here is a closer look. Still can't tell who made the amp or cassette decks. I think the top one is a SHARP and it was "Computer Controlled". Ooooh! Yes, it is a SHARP.
Above is from a small Polaroid photo showing Leah-the-cat coming out from behind an AKAI reel-to-reel deck I had at one point. I bought and sold a number of r2r decks. I can't recall what that little unit is she's squeezing over. Nor, do I know what make/model are the units above the r2r deck.
Above is the same photo as the top of the page. Note, the PAT-5 pre-amp is gone. One channel stopped working. I was now using the integrated amp wholly. Note a new CD player below the tuner. My first one! This was all prior to marrying Nancy.
Several years later, note another PAT-5 pre-amp. I had a total of three plus an "Audio-by-Van Alstine" model PAT-5 that I should have kept! JVC turntable on top. I can't tell what the black units are, but at least one is a CD-player. Below them is a cassette deck. Below that is an equalizer and at the bottom is a Dynaco Stereo 120 modified to a Dual-mono status. Double everything! Talk about a heavy beast!

I sold that rack to a woman that was making a recording studio in her house.

Thanks for looking!

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Yamaha A-S301 Integrated Amplifier replaces dying 1987 Yamaha Yamaha AX-500U.

  May 14, 2024 #478 Gentle reader, Since I first began the quest to have the best sounding music I could afford on my budget in the mid-1970...